LeaksSuite Website Outreach
Progress since 2013 and new initiatives
The major upgrade of the LEAKSSuite website in Feb 2013 created a free information source for international concepts and management of Non Revenue Water, Leakage and Pressure. Since then, a rapidly growing number of Users – now over 6000 from 153 countries – have accessed this free resource. This overview of the website progress to date shows numbers of users by Google Geographical region and country, key topics of User interest, and current and upcoming new initiatives.
LeaksSuite Website content rates highly in Google searches for ‘Water Leakage and Pressure Management’ and associated topics. Cumulative and Quarterly growth of numbers of New Users, Sessions and Page Views have all risen consistently since January 2013, with a notable increase in 2015 associated with the ‘Info Hub Blog’ EU Good Practices on Leakage Management.
For slower viewing of individual slides in sequences below, click on any slide and then move backwards or forwards using arrows which appear at the left and right sides of the slides.
The split between new and return Users has consistently been around 60%:40%. Most Users find the website through Organic Search (60%), followed by Direct Access (26%) then Referrals (12%,) with only 1% from social media for this website with specialist technical content. The largest User numbers are in Europe, then Americas, Asia, Oceania and Africa.
The most frequently visited Webpages after Home Page (10,800 visits) have been :
- Outreach: Free Papers and PPTs (9500)
- Blogs, Concepts, Free Software (around 5000 each)
- About Us, 3000; Global ILIs 1800
- Activities 800; Sponsors 500; What’s New 400; Contact Us 250
Recent and imminent new initiatives to further improve user experience include:
- A new ‘Apparent Losses’ section, to provide free high quality papers on this important topic at Outreach (App Loss).
- More free papers from international experts on key topics, for example Article 2015K ; Activities has been moved from Outreach to ‘About Us’ to accommodate these additional papers.
- More Guest Blogs and more ‘Info-Hub’ Blogs on key topics with numerous related links, such as Benefits of Pressure Management and Fit for Purpose Performance Indicators
- More Concepts including Confidence Limits for Leakage Calculations
- Easy access page links to ‘What’s New’ webpage
- Weblinks for Users who wish to donate to Water Aid
We would also appreciate feedback from users on what you like or dislike about the Website; please use ‘Contact Us’ to let us know. We will attempt to reply to all such feedback.
Any potential Sponsors who may be interested to support our ‘free to all’ philosophy and activities, to enable us to continue and develop our free service to others, are also welcome to Contact Us.
LeaksSuite Website Approach
The LeaksSuite website is written by us using current issue industry standard open source WordPress software and appropriate plug-in and back-up applications and themes; as such it is robust and independent to our best endeavours. The site adopts Google Analytics (GA) to monitor search engine results pages (SERPS) and to track other anonymous user parameters in an effort to maintain currency of content and focus on our mission through consistent and appropriate inclusion and site navigation. GA filters are applied to reduce referral and other spam and this apparent traffic reduction is reflected in the statistics quoted. Search engine optimisation (SEO) follows “white hat” content driven best practice without any attempt to apply black-hat techniques. As such the page rank and authority of the site are derived purely by and are dependent upon substantial verified industry leading content and references. It is our intention to continuously enliven the site with new content and innovation.
Allan Lambert, on behalf of ILMSS Ltd and WLR&A Ltd