LeaksSuite Website Outreach
Progress since 2013 and new initiatives
The major upgrade of the LEAKSSuite website in Feb 2013 created a free information source for international concepts and management of Non Revenue Water, Leakage and Pressure. Since then, a rapidly growing number of Users – now 9161 from 167 countries – have accessed this free resource. This overview of the website progress to date shows numbers of users by Google Geographical region and country, key topics of User interest, and current and upcoming new initiatives.
LeaksSuite Website content rates highly in Google searches for ‘Water Leakage and Pressure Management’ and associated topics. Cumulative and Quarterly growth of numbers of New Users, Sessions and Page Views have all risen consistently since January 2013, with a notable increase in early 2015 associated with the ‘Info Hub Blog’ EU Good Practices on Leakage Management and an increase in Users in the last 3 months in all Google Geographical Regions , ranging from 9% (Oceania) to 26% (Asia), overall average 19%.
For slower viewing of individual slides in sequences below, click on any slide and then move backwards or forwards using arrows which appear at the left and right sides of the slides.
The split between new and return Users continues to be consistent at around 55%:45%. Most Users find the website through Organic Search (62%), followed by Direct Access (20%) then Referrals (12%,) and 6% (increasing) from social media for this website with specialist technical content. The largest User numbers are in Europe, then Americas, Asia, Africa and Oceania.
Number of Visitors to the Global ILIs webpages is increasing rapidly; from 2100 to 3000 in October to December, as ILI data sets for more countries (Austria and Canada) were added.
The most frequently visited Webpages after Home Page (13,300 visits) have been :
- Outreach: Free Papers and PPTs 12,700, including 1400 visits to the new Info Hubs
- Blogs and Concepts around 8000 each, Free Software 6400
- About Us, 3300; Global ILIs 3000
- Activities 800; What’s New 750; Contact Us 700; Sponsors 650
Recent initiatives to further improve user experience include:
- New Info-Hubs containing numerous papers, presentations etc on a single key topic: Influences of Pressure , KPIs Fit for Purpose and Apparent Losses
- Links to Social Media (Linked In and Twitter) through JOAT
- Launch of free Apps (Jo-Apps) for mobile platform calculations (iPads and iPhones)
Imminent Initiatives for January to March 2016 include
- More papers and presentations from International Experts on Apparent Losses
- Additions to the three Jo-Apps currently available on the website
- Free access to Dec 2015 North American Water Loss Conference presentations
- A presentation about the LEAKSSuite website at IWA Water Loss 2016, Bangalore
- Update of the Australian ILI dats set, and ILI data from an additional country.
- More Concepts including Confidence Limits for Leakage Calculations
We would also appreciate feedback from users on what you like or dislike about the Website; please use ‘Contact Us’ to let us know. We will attempt to reply to all such feedback.
Any potential Sponsors who may be interested to support our ‘free to all’ philosophy and activities, to enable us to continue and develop our free service to others, are also welcome to Contact Us.
LeaksSuite Website Approach
The LeaksSuite website is written by us using current issue industry standard open source WordPress software and appropriate plug-in and back-up applications and themes; as such it is robust and independent to our best endeavours. The site adopts Google Analytics (GA) to monitor search engine results pages (SERPS) and to track other anonymous user parameters in an effort to maintain currency of content and focus on our mission through consistent and appropriate inclusion and site navigation. GA filters are applied to reduce referral and other spam and this apparent traffic reduction is reflected in the statistics quoted. Search engine optimisation (SEO) follows “white hat” content driven best practice without any attempt to apply black-hat techniques. As such the page rank and authority of the site are derived purely by and are dependent upon substantial verified industry leading content and references. It is our intention to continuously enliven the site with new content and innovation.
Allan Lambert, on behalf of ILMSS Ltd and WLR&A Ltd